Umbrellas, Squat Toilets, and Other fun things

Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Little Note of Reassurance

Sinlaku did not blow me away, although it did make me a little wet.  It also might have made it a little difficult for people to move in this weekend, but other than that everyone around me has made it through without any serious bumps or bruises.

I did have a nice and boring weekend.  But, it was nice to just relax and chat with friends online--I got to talk to people I haven't talked to in ages.  Then I explored the finer culinary skills of 7-11.  I also did a little homework, but I feel like everything I'm during here pales in comparison to the work I do in Grinnell or Middlebury.  It's almost as if I were on leave.  

However, tomorrow night I'll get to start volunteering with underprivileged children.  And of course, with tomorrow comes a new week of class.  So, that's the story.

Just wanted to make sure you knew I was doing all right.  I'm particularly amused by the fact that Houston also had a hurricane.  

Well, gotta run.  Trash time waits for no man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home