Umbrellas, Squat Toilets, and Other fun things

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The New Me!

Before


After




(Of course I had to do the angles.)

Aaaaah! No, she did it! She straightened her hair. And it will be hanging around for quite some time. It's so super awesome. Now I know what you straight haired people feel. I can run my fingers through my hair and feel the wind comb it as I race around.

I think living in a foreign place makes me even more conducive to spontaneous haircutting. The moment the urge hits, I must change my hair. But you would have to admit that my natural curls don't really suit short hair. It doesn't work.

Anyways, nothing particular new. School is good. I'm in the process of finding students. I can't wait until the day that I can earn enough money from my writings alone that I don't have to do things with which I completely disagree.

I've had strange cravings for certain Western food. Butter, cheesecake, pancakes, homemade cookies, pasta, proper salad, cake, pie, cereal, cheese, pizza (the vegetarian version which practically doesn't exist in Taiwan), etc. That's not to say that food isn't good here, but some days I miss those certain luxuries. And most Taiwanese western food is a rather cold consolation when the cravings hit. I'm already making a list in my head of things to eat when I get back. Though I'm nervous about returning and not getting to speak so much Chinese again. And I'm nervous about seeing lots of non-Asian people again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home